Serves 4 – 8oz portions
1 cup gluten free steel cut oats
3 cups of water
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup coconut shredded, unsweetened
1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
2 Tbsp Raw honey *optional*
- place oats and water in a sauce pan
- bring to a boil, reduce to simmer
- Allow oats to cook for a bout 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- add the walnuts, coconut and cranberries, stir well
- turn heat to low for 5 minutes
- add honey per taste, or allow individuals to add at own discretion.
This recipe can be made the night before and heated with warm water over two or three mornings, for a quick breakfast options.